London: England pacer James Anderson said on Tuesday that the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) has suspended the pacer and launched a disciplinary inquiry, while the England team accepted Ollie Robinson’s apology several years ago. have taken.
Robinson, who took seven wickets in his first Test against New Zealand, is unavailable for the second Test starting Thursday at Edgbaston, Birmingham.
Speaking to British media, Anderson said Robinson apologized to the team and it was accepted. Asked whether some members of the team were uncomfortable with Robinson’s apology, Anderson said: “No, I think it has been accepted.”
Anderson said Robinson has matured since his series of tweets from 2012 and 2013 are filled with racist and sexist connotations.
“He stood up in front of the group and apologized and you can see how honest and upset he was, and I think as a group we appreciate that he’s a different person now. He’s matured a lot since then.” And has developed, and he has got the full support of the team,” he said.
Robinson’s tweets surfaced on Wednesday, the day he made his Test debut against New Zealand at Lord’s, London.
Anderson said English players are learning from the Robinson episode and trying to be educated.
“Well, I think it’s a … you know it’s a tough time. I think as a player we’re really trying to learn from it.”
“We feel it is important to be educated about these issues and try to keep up with what we are going through with the ECB and the PCA (Professional Cricketers Association), we are already doing workshops ahead of this series and trying to better ourselves. helping to create. As people, basically to try and make sure this kind of thing doesn’t happen. “
If Anderson plays in the second Test against New Zealand, he will become England’s most capped Test player. This will be his 162nd Test, leaving behind former batsman and captain Alastair Cook.